Weber County Fair
Exhibiting in the county and state fair is an important highlight of a club member's 4-H experience. Weber County 4-H club members are eligible to exhibit in the Weber County Fair, which is held in August each year. Click here for the fair guidelines.
- Junior Livestock Show: FFA and 4-H youth must be in at least 3rd grade AND 8 years old as of October 1st of the current 4-H year (October 1 - September 30) to be eligible to participate in a junior livestock project (beef, sheep or swine) and meet registration/tagging deadlines to show at the Weber County Fair. Click here for the Jr. Livestock guidelines.
- Fiesta 4-H Horse Show: 4-H youth must be in at least 3rd grade AND 8 years old as of October 1st of the current 4-H year (October 1 - September 30) and be enrolled in the horse project to be eligible to participate in the Fiesta 4-H Horse Show and meet registration deadlines. Click here for the pre-registration form.
- Rabbit Shows: There is both an open rabbit and 4-H rabbit show. Youth must be enrolled in 4-H (by June 1st) to show in the 4-H show. Youth can only enter each rabbit in one show - open or 4-H, but not both. Click here for the pre-entry form.
- Goat, Bucket Calf, Pigeon and Poultry Shows: The goat, bucket calf, pigeon, and poultry shows are open shows, rather than 4-H shows. Youth interested in participating in these shows need to submit the entry form by the deadline announced. *Bucket calves do not need to submit an entry form.
- Indoor 4-H Exhibits (non-animal exhibits): 4-H’ers in K-12 grades are eligible to enter indoor exhibits in the Weber County
- Cloverbud youth (youth in K-2 grades or younger than 8 years old as of October 1st of the current 4-H year) will receive participation ribbons only.
- The pre-entry deadline for 4-H indoor exhibits at the Weber County Fair is July 27, 2018.
- Leaders must pre-enter their club members exhibits online (using the link below), or if necessary, by submitting the pre-entry form to the Weber County 4-H office before 5:00 p.m. on July 27, 2018 (online pre-entry is preferred).
2018 Key Dates for 4-H Indoor Exhibits:
- June 1: Deadline to be registered as a 4-H member to be eligible to enter indoor 4-H exhibits
- July 1: 4-H pre-entry of all 4-H indoor exhibits begins
- July 27: Last day to pre-enter 4-H indoor exhibits
- August 6: Bring 4-H indoor exhibits to the Exhibit Hall between 11:00 a.m. – 5:30 p.m.
- August 13: Pick up 4-H indoor exhibits from the Weber County Fair between 3:00 - 6:00 p.m.
- August 29: Resubmit food item exhibits selected for state fair competition by 5:00 p.m. at 4-H office
- August 31: Deadline to redeem premium monies at the Premium Bank (inside the Golden Spike Event Center)
- September 5: Submit 4-H garden exhibits for state fair competition between 8:00 a.m. - 10:00 a.m. at 4-H office. Because of differing harvest schedules between the county and state fair, ANY current 4-H member (3rd-12th grade) is eligible to enter gardening exhibits at the state fair. Garden entries MUST be state fair quality.
- September 22: All state fair exhibits, ribbons and premiums must be picked up from the 4-H office by 5 p.m.