Tagging for the Weber County Fair:
- Steers, Bucket Calves & Hogs: Anderson Livestock Auction
- Wednesday, April 29th - 5:00-7:00 p.m.
- Saturday, May 2nd - 8:00-10:00 a.m.
- Sheep & Hogs: Weber County Fairgrounds
- Wednesday, May 27th - 5:00-7:00 p.m.
- Saturday, May 30th - 8:00-10:00 a.m.
*In order to tag your animal youth MUST be currently enrolled in 4-H or FFA. Please complete your 4-H enrollment BEFORE showing up to tag your animals. 4-H has gone to an online enrollment; the link for 4-H Online and instructions can be found on the forms tab.
- The tagging deadline for state shows differs from the Weber County Fair deadline. To be eligible to exhibit a project animal at a Utah State Junior Livestock show or the Utah State Fair show, the minimum tagging deadline is:
- beef (100 days)
- swine and sheep (60 days)
- All animals should be tagged on the Weber County tagging dates in (typically held in May & June). However, if you plan to participate in the Morgan, Spanish Fork, Delta or Vernal Shows (which have an earlier tagging deadline), you will need to have your animal tagged before the regular county tagging. Contact the 4-H office well in advance of the deadline to schedule a tagging date.
Utah rules state, EXHIBITORS MAY TAG ONE EXTRA ANIMAL PER SPECIES FOR EACH SHOW PERIOD. At tagging you will declare which state show the animal is being tagged for.