Weber County 4-H members in 3rd-12th grades are eligible to compete in 4-H horse shows. Our program offers shows in the Western, English, 2-Handed, and Working Ranch Horse riding disciplines. Within each horse discipline, the same classes are conducted at each show. This allows youth to continue to make improvements in specific events during the year. Youth are required to complete the test and all classes in order for the points from that show to count toward qualifying for regional or state competition.
Prior to participating in any Weber County 4-H horse show, youth and their parents need to carefully read the Utah 4-H Horse Rulebook and the Weber County 4-H Horse Council By-Laws, which explain the rules for the 4-H horse program.
Each exhibitor is required to wear a properly fitted, ASTM/SEI approved, horse-riding helmet (with harness fastened properly under chin) prior to entering the show arena or practice arena (mounted). Helmets are strongly encouraged at all times (practices, club activities, trail rides, etc.
2018 Show Schedule:
Weber County 4-H requires pre-registration & pre-payment for all horse shows. Pre-registration will close two days before each show (i.e., Thursday before a Saturday show). To pre-register for a county horse show call the 4-H office at 801-399-8202 (other options for pre-registration will be announced at a later date). New for 2018: Horse show fees MUST be paid at the time of pre-registration for all horse show; fees cannot be accepted at horse shows. If a member is not pre-registered & pre-paid, they will not be allowed to show.
WESTERN HORSE SHOWS:
(Horse shows begin at 8:00 a.m., the night show begins at 5:00 p.m.)
- June 2 - West Haven Arena
- June 21 - Golden Spike Arena (Fairgrounds) - Night Show
- July 7 - Hooper Arena
- July 18 - Golden Spike Arena (Fairgrounds) - Night Show
- July 30 - Region Horse Show, Cache County
- August 8 - Fiesta Show, Weber County Fair
- September 21-22 - State 4-H Western Horse Show, Vernal
TWO-HANDED HORSE SHOWS:
- June 28 - Hooper Arena (3:00 p.m., test at 7:00 p.m.)
- July 21 - West Haven
- August 18 - Eden Arena
- September 20 - State Two-Handed 4-H Horse Show, Vernal
ENGLISH HORSE SHOWS:
- May 11 - Night Show, 2 Stage (Dressage & Stadium)
- July 14 - Golden Spike Arena (Fairgrounds)
MINI HORSE SHOW:
- July 21 - West Haven