Weber County 4-H members in 3rd-12th grades are eligible to compete in 4-H horse shows. Our program offers shows in the Western, English, 2-Handed, and Working Ranch Horse riding disciplines. Within each horse discipline, the same classes are conducted at each show. This allows youth to continue to make improvements in specific events during the year. Youth are required to complete the test and all classes in order for the points from that show to count toward qualifying for regional or state competition.
Prior to participating in any Weber County 4-H horse show, youth and their parents need to carefully read the Utah 4-H Horse Rulebook and the Weber County 4-H Horse Council By-Laws, which explain the rules for the 4-H horse program.
Each exhibitor is required to wear a properly fitted, ASTM/SEI approved, horse-riding helmet (with harness fastened properly under chin) prior to entering the show arena or practice arena (mounted). Helmets are strongly encouraged at all times (practices, club activities, trail rides, etc.
2017 Show Schedule:
Weber County 4-H requires pre-registration for all horse shows. Pre-registration will close two days before each show (i.e. Thursday before a Saturday show). To pre-register for a county horse show call the 4-H office at 801-399-8202 or use Event Registration on the 4-H website. The fee for the horse show may be paid at check-in at the show. If a member is not pre-registered, they will not be allowed to show.
WESTERN HORSE SHOWS:
(Horse shows begin at 8:00 a.m., the night show begins at 5:00 p.m.)
- June 3 - Hooper Arena
- June 10 - West Haven Arena
- June 17 - West Haven Arena
- June 26 - Golden Spike Arena (Fairgrounds) - Night Show
- July 6 - Golden Spike Arena (Fairgrounds) - Night Show
- July 22 - Practice day for those attending Region & State - Hooper Arena
- July 31 - Region Horse Show, Davis County
- August 9 - Fiesta Show, Weber County Fair
- September 21-23 - State 4-H Horse Show, Vernal
TWO-HANDED HORSE SHOWS:
- August 19 - Eden Arena
- September 9 - Hooper Arena
ENGLISH HORSE SHOWS:
- April 29 - Allen's Horse Play, Schooling Show
- July 8 - Golden Spike Arena (Fairgrounds)
- October 14 - State English Show, Mt. Pleasant