Demo All 4-H Projects
Date: Thursday, May 2, 2019
Team or Individual: Individual or teams of two
4-H Demos Description: Using posters, displays and other visual aids, youth prepare and deliver a presentation on any topic. Youth may choose to use either a demonstration format or an illustrated talk. In a demonstration format, the child shows or demonstrates the steps to make a final product. In an illustrated talk, the member provides information about a topic, without actually demonstrating how to make a product. Youth can give their demonstration on any 4-H project topic.
- Juniors and Intermediates: 5-10 minutes
- Seniors: 10-15 minutes
- LCD projector and laptop (If youth plan to utilize the computer, they should bring their PowerPoint presentation on a flash drive.)
- Extension cord
- Floor easel
- VHS/DVD: Check out our 4-H demonstration video from the 4-H office.
- Fact Sheet: Eye-Catching Visual Aids for 4-H Demonstrations
- Fact Sheet: Giving a 4-H Foods Demonstration
Judging Criteria: Demonstrations are judged using this criteria.
- Each youth earns a blue, red or white ribbon based on the Danish judging system. Blue (excellent): 90-100, Red (good ): 75-89, White (fair): 74 and below.
- County youth in 9th-12th grades who earn a blue ribbon in the county contest will be invited to compete during State Contests in July.