4-H Livestock Tests
Weber County 4-H members in grades 3-12 can compete in the Livestock Scholars Testing Program from October - July. To participate, youth can visit the 4-H office to take the monthly test from the 5th through the end of the month. Testing hours are 8:00 a.m. through 4:30 p.m. Monday through Friday (excluding holidays). Once the month ends, members cannot take a previous month's test.
- Awards are given for each species in each grade division.
- Each month tests are prepared for all four species: beef, sheep, swine, and goats.
- Youth can select the test for the species they are studying. They do not have to be raising that species to participate in the test.
- The tests are a combination of true/false, multiple choice, and fill-in-the-blank.
- All the questions for the test come from the Ohio State University Resource manuals, which are available for purchase from the 4-H office.
|Livestock Testing - Ways to Earn Points||Total Points Possible|
|Monthly Tests: Each monthly test will be worth up to 10 points.||100|
|Bonus Points: Youth will earn 10 bonus points for every monthly test they take. There will be 10 monthly livestock tests offered (October - July).||100|
|Total Possible Points||200|